In roughly one week I'll be in Switzerland / Schweiz / Suisse / Svizzera / Svizra (seriously, pick a language) with the obscenely talented, endlessly annoying, and all-around wonderful human, Meghan. What started as a gig for her to shoot a wedding has now morphed into a whirl-wind tour of Switzerland, with Meghan trusting me to do most the planning in exchange for some photography lessons on the road and being my friend. What a sucker. She makes everything more beautiful, so I'm super pumped to be sharing a couple weeks of life with her!
Our plan for the trip:
- Aug 19: Geneva and a full-out nerd fest at CERN
- Aug 20: Exploring the Laussane and Lavaux region villages around Lake Geneva
- Aug 21 -22: Bern, the city that inspired Einstein
- Aug 23-24: Hiking, pettings cows, and throwing glacier snowballs in the Jungfrau Region
- Aug 25: Meiringen to reenact the death of Sherlock Holmes
- Aug 26: Lucerne to skip down medieval wooden foot bridges
- Aug 27: Eating our weight in Basler Lackerli in Basel
- Aug 28-29: Zurich visiting family friends and opening untraceable bank accounts
- Aug 30: Beautiful libraries in St Gallen & country life in Appenzell
- Aug 31: St Moritz to.... not ski
- Sept 1: A day aboard the scenic Bernina Express train
- Sept 2-3: Swimming, sun-worshiping, and pasta-eating in the Italy-bordering canton of Ticino
- Sept 4: Homeward!