This year for Thanksgiving the family decided to do something a little different. Instead of the usual extended family, feasty, Cajun celebration we all piled into the car for a few days out West. We had a great, long weekend full of:
- Eating a turkey jerky and a swigging a stranger's whisky at the top of Texas, Guadalupe Peak, on Thanksgiving Day
- Eavesdropping on serious UFO-believers in Roswell... apparently it's all about "teaching the controversy"
- Watching Leigh taste the Salt Flats. Turns out it tastes like salty dirt.
- Accidentally tricking myself into sprinting the 1000ft climb out of Carlsbad Caverns
- Countless hours of driving, family bonding, and Tichu-playing